(back to Narcissism)
- Radical acceptance: This is it.
- Realistic expectations: It will REALLY NEVER CHANGE
- Be less involved
- Don’t take things personally: It is never about you, it is all about him/her
- Stop explaining yourself: He/she will not listen
- Stop defending yourself: He/she will not listen
- Stop trying to fix it: see point 2
- Surround yourself with healthy people, who will help you to dismantle ‘gaslighting’
- Don’t use his/her background story to NOT hold him/her accountable for his/her behaviour: Self-preservation is a right!
- Focus on the here and now: “Nice moments from the past are no guarantee for the future“
- If possible: avoid contact: It is a fulltime job!
“Self-compassion works the same way against the narcissist as kryptonite does against Superman”
Dr. Ramani Durvasula
If the above triggers something for you and you would like to process it under supervision,
please contact me.